Copyright © 2019, Pash Ventures Inc., All Rights Reserved
Who we are
Our website address is: https://opinioner.org.
Pash Ventures Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”), a Delaware corporation with its headquarters in New York, New York, operates the website and backend.
What personal data we collect
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- First Name and Last Name
- Cookies and Usage Data (see below Website Cookies)
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Personal Blurb
We collect Email and Phone Number in order to contact you.
We collect Address and Date of Birth to determine your voter districts and voter registration.
We use your Name for both of the above.
Personal blurb is used to give others a better understanding of who you are.
This data may also be used:
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer of data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure of data
Pash Ventures Inc. may disclose your data associated with your account on our Service to third parties as follows:
- Service providers. We may rely on third party providers to support or provide some of the services that are available through the Service, such as sending emails or checking voter registration. Such service providers will receive only the information that is required to perform their functions. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Investigations and legal disclosures. We may investigate and disclose Personal Data if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Pash Ventures Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
3. Provide Name and Personal Blurb data to political candidates. As outlined by our service, we will provide your First Name and Personal Blurb to candidates that match your criteria.
Except as outlined above, we will not voluntarily share your personally identifiable data with any third parties without your consent. As such, we will not voluntarily share your address, email, phone or date of birth with political candidates or third parties unless needed due to one of the above.
Below, we have outlined some of the tools you have access to, in order to control your personal data:
- Tools in the Service. The Service provides certain tools that allow you to access, modify or delete information that you provided through the Service and which is associated with you.
- Data deletion. You can delete your data within the Service at any time. Upon account deletion, all non aggregated information associated with your account will be deleted. Non-personally identifiable non aggregated information may be retained in an anonymized state (ex. number of total signups).
- Reviewing your information. Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal data we maintain about you. To request access to your personal data, please contact us as set out at the end of this Policy.
- Updating your information. If you think the information we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are not entitled to use it and would like to request rectification, deletion, or objection to our processing of this personal data, please contact us as set out at the end of this Policy.
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us as set out at the end of this Policy. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Residents of California
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their goods or services to you unless you first agree to such disclosure. If you have any questions regarding this policy, or would like to change your preferences, you may contact us as set out at the end of this Policy.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Website Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we use information
How long we retain your website data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your website data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your website data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.